The money can certainly help pay for important things such as medical bills, psychiatric help and compensate for loss of earnings, disability and other damages.
Follow these important steps to help get compensation:
1. In order to file a claim for asbestos compensation, you should be diagnosed with mesothelioma or some other asbestos-related disease like asbestosis.
2. There is a time restriction on how much time an individual has to seek compensation. You will have to determine your states “statute of limitations” on filing for asbestos compensation. Numerous states only allow a few years after being diagnosed to file an asbestos claim. If you are past your states limit then all is not lost. Talk with a qualified mesothelioma attorney
3. The next step is to find an attorney that has experience working with asbestos compensation cases. You can search for an experienced asbestos lawyer at the bar associations, in the Yellow Pages, on the Internet, through word-of-mouth referrals, etc.
4. When you speak or meet a lawyer be certain they are experienced with asbestos compensation. Verify the amount of related cases they have worked on, and find out how many they have won.
5. Your lawyer will be able to provide you with various options for seeking asbestos compensation. Your attorney might negotiate your case out of court or your case may go to trial.
Occupational risk factors for asbestosis
The use of asbestos significantly increased after World War Two, peaked during the 1970s and then slowly declined during the 1980s and 1990s. If, during this time, you worked in an industry, or occupation, that used asbestos, you may have been exposed to it.
Occupations that are known to be associated with exposure to asbestos during these times include:
insulation workers, boilermakers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters, shipbuilders, sheet metal workers, plasters, chemical technicians, and heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics.
Industries that are known to have used asbestos during these times include:
construction, shipbuilding and repair, chemical manufacturing, non-metallic mineral stone production, railways, yarn, thread, and fabric mills, rubber and plastic production, and trucking services.
If you’re contemplating a claim for then go to this useful site